Wednesday 14 April 2010

Driving skills!

I drove to office today. Now, you might ask, whats so special about it? Well, its usually my husband who drives the 80-90 odd kms to & fro daily, I only drive from his office to mine about 8 kms away.. I rarely drive full distance on my own.
I ended up doing a lot of thinking today while driving, and while listening to the radio sometimes. I remember the time when i was  really really anxious while driving. Had to focus on clutch, gear, accelerator, stearing wheel and the neighboring cars ALL together. And that was a huge deterrent to allow me to drive.
Somewhere down the line, I guess i became so habitual of driving that i stopped trying too hard on everything i just mentioned.. :D I enjoy driving now, though only if there're no traffic jams and i get to drive on 5th gear all the time.. :) :) :)
I truly feel its an accomplishment for me to drive so naturally now, my feet respond automatically, my hand moves the steering without even thinking about it. I drive at 100kmph on highway without flinching about speed. And I Love it. I never believed i would be driving like this someday.
Oh and the thanks goes to my husband for pushing me into driving.  Thats another matter that he pushed me so he won't have to drop me to my office everyday :D He hated to drive that extra distance :D

1 comment:

  1. kish, My mom-in-law is after my life to learn drying, but I,m scared.The moment I think about driving I think I become responsible for others life, so thats it no driving for me.

    ReplyDelete